Flying on Draenor
Flying has been enabled on Draenor for characters that have attained the account-wide achievement, Guide de Draenor
. To help facilitate testing of this feature, accounts that have not yet obtained the achievement will be able to purchase a Manual of Rapid Pathfinding from Flaskataur in their Garrisons on the PTR.
- Please note there may still be areas or pockets on Draenor where flying has not yet been fully implemented. These areas will be tracked and listed in a forum thread titled "Flight in Draenor – Reported Bugs Thread" on the PTR Discussion forum.
PvP Mercenary Mode
Players will be able to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds. Agents of the enemy faction will appear in your base in Ashran (Stormshield for the Alliance, Warspear for the Horde) and allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.
While competing as a mercenary, players will automatically have their race changed into one appropriate for the opposite faction. Players will still be able to earn all the same rewards as winning or losing as their original faction (with the exception of faction-specific achievements).
- This feature is still in development and is not available initially on the PTR. Mercenary Mode will be enabled later in the PTR process.
- See the blog “In Development: PvP Mercenary Mode” for more information.
Raids and Dungeons
New Timewalking Rewards
Timewalking Loot Changes
Dungeon Finder Changes
- Completing a Random Warlords of Draenor Heroic dungeon after the first one now awards 50 Garrison Resources (up from 0).
- A’shran now has a deserter mechanic. Upon entering, players receive a 10-minute buff called Tour de garde d’A’shran. If the player leaves an A’shran match before this buff expires, a 15-minute debuff called Lâche will be applied that prevents entry into another A’shran match.
Legendary Ring Quest Line
- New weekly quests (such as La fuite des cristaux and Arrêt de travail) have been added to help players catch-up in earlier stages of the Legendary Ring Quest Line for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry.
Events and World Environment (New Section)
- Bonus Events now begin earlier in the week on Wednesday. End date remains the same so there's now more time to complete the bonus event! Check the in-game calendar for new start times of each bonus event.
In-Game World Events
Zones, Creatures, and NPCs
- Cartographers have been notified and corrected a spelling error on the world map.
Toy Box (New Section)
- The maximum size of a mount is now capped at 150% of base size for cosmetic effects.
- A new events coordinator can now be found in level 3 garrisons. Visit the coordinator during Sanssaint or Feast of Winter Veil to obtain garrison decorations that are usable all year round!
Shipyard and Naval Missions
- Ship equipment items now have "Naval Equipment" in the item tooltip, enabling it to be searchable through the bag search UI.
- Fixed an issue where completing a naval mission at the Naval Command Table did not cause the Garrison Report icon to stop blinking.
UI (New Section)
- Target marker icons have been disabled in public chat channels.
- There is now an option to disable Adventure Guide alerts in the Interface options menu, under display settings.
- Torrent arcanique now Silences all enemies in an 8 yard radius for 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds), and cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes).
- Solidité now reduces the duration of Stun effects by an additional 20% (up from 15%).
- Le déhanché troll now reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 20% (up from 15%). Trolls still be flippin' out mon!
- Choc martial
now stuns enemies for 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds), and now has a reduced cooldown of 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes), and cast time is no longer increased by damage (via spell pushback).
- Toucher du tombeau now scales its damage based on 50% of the character's Attack Power or Spell Power, whichever is greater.
Class Please note that tooltip description for the following Moine abilities will be inaccurate. This will be corrected in a future patch.Windwalker
Affliction Armor Sets
Corruption now deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
- Tier-18 4-piece set bonus for Fury Warriors now reduces the cooldown of Témérité by 30 seconds (up from 25 seconds).