Hello Mages. In this week's build, we've made many changes to Arcane as well as a few updates to the other specs to address recent concerns about talents and GCD usage.General Mage Changes
Rune de puissance
- Image miroir damage greatly reduced, Éclair de givre added to all Image miroir, and while your images are active, damage taken is reduced by 20%. Image miroir direct damage will cause one of your images to dissipate.
Developers' notes: The goal is to push Image miroir away from a DPS cooldown and give it a defensive component. Now, only taking direct damage will cause an image to dissipate and there is an ICD of 2 seconds to ensure at least a 6 second uptime when taking damage.
has been reworked to cast at your location when you use one of either Combustion
, Pouvoir des Arcanes
, or Veines glaciales
, depending on your spec.
- Developers' notes: This change is aimed to help with the cast time and GCD utilization at the beginning of an encounter, while remaining viable in your opener as a high burst window.
The following Arcane changes are focused on reducing ramp up time, as well as opening up more talent options based on the content you're running.
- Pouvoir des Arcanes cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- Toucher des magi now generates 4 Arcane Charges on cast.
- New Talent: Maître du temps – Reduces the cooldown of Alter Time by 30 seconds. Alter Time resets the cooldown of Transfert when you return to your original location.
- Alter Time has been moved to Level 24 for Arcane mages.
- Résonance damage per target hit with Barrage des Arcanes increased to 15% (was 10%).
- Chargé à bloc removed.
Developers' notes: Toucher des magi will now generate 4 charges baseline. This opens up the Level 35 tier for more viable options that focus heavily on dealing AoE damage.
New Level 35 Talent: Écho arcanique
– Direct damage you deal to enemies affected by Toucher des magi
, causes an explosion that deals Arcane damage to 8 nearby enemies. Irrégularité temporelle
now grants Distorsion temporelle
for 6 seconds.
- Developers' notes: A simple change, but this should make Irrégularité temporelle feel more satisfying as a talent since gaining Distorsion temporelle is always a good thing, but gaining Arcane Charges isn't something you'd always necessarily want.
Fire updates are centered around the change that saw Flammes de phénix
baseline as the Enflammer
spread. Fureur d'Alexstrasza
– Souffle du dragon
now also gains a 50% increased critical strike damage bonus.
New talent: Né des cendres
– Increases Mastery by 2% for each charge of Phoenix Flames off cooldown, and your direct-damage critical strikes reduce its cooldown by 1 second.