dans votre navigateur.
How to Become a Raid Ranking All Star on Warcraft Logs
06/07/2020 à 01:44
Pumps from Honestly has written an All Star Raid Ranking guide to help you climb the All Star ranks on Warcraft Logs. He'll cover many of the tips, tricks and key factors on how to increase your All Star points and sharpen your competitive edge while climbing the prestigious All Star ranks on Warcraft Logs.
About the Author
This guide was written by
! I raid in the guild
on US - Frostmourne.
I am active in the
and always happy to answer questions i can about any class/spec as i maintain all classses at max level each expansion.
I came 2nd place in the First World of Warcraft
Mythic Dungeon International
event. You can catch me streaming on
Watch live video from Pumpsm8 on www.twitch.tv
What is Ranking?
Ranking is a fun way to compare your performance to your peers and the rest of the world, as long as someone in your raid logs your runs you should be able to find them on
where you can filter to your class/spec and see what everyone else is running, Azerite/Corruption/Spec etc.
Benefits of Ranking
I find ranking to be an enjoyable aspect of raiding as you can gradually see a large performance increase over time and gain confidence in your class/spec that you may have never thought possible.
Gaining higher ranks will also lead to progress your raiding career as higher up guilds will approach you more often if you are demolishing the meters on a regular basis.
Moving up in guilds and becoming a master of your spec, potentially becoming a pillar of your specs community can lead to others coming to you for questions and maybe one day you will be the one writing class guides for Wowhead. It all starts with the big dam.
Factors that affect Ranks
Here are some large factors that you will have to consider:
- The time you put into your character outside of raid time is just as important as how you perform while in raids, having the right azerite/corruption/gems/enchants is a massive factor as to whether you have any chance at performing at the highest levels, at first glance all this preparation might seem a bit daunting, there is a huge amount of information intake at first so don't worry if it gets a bit overwhelming at times, improve what you can slowly and steadily and it will all come together.
Warcraftlogs allows you to inspect all the top parsing players easily and shows all the information you will need to figure out how to prepare yourself. You just filter by your class + spec, locate the top players on the boss that you are working on improving your ranks on and replicate as closely as possible. You may not be a trend setter at first with this strategy but it is a tried and tested way to guarantee you are at least on the same stage as the people you are competing with.
- These play a big factor in your ranks. If a guild kills the boss in 2:30 and you kill the boss in 5:30, the fast kills are generally going to net the bigger advantage as the boss will die shortly after your second set of cooldowns and you will of spent more of the time on the boss in your cooldowns. This isn't always the case as it varies from boss to boss and spec to spec.
This can also work in reverse. For example, you might kill a boss too fast and skip an entire add phase where your dps would of skyrocketed up, or skip a phase with an intense amount of healing lowering your overall hps potential, so when you are looking over other logs you will have to keep an eye on kill times and compare to kills that are similar speed to your guilds for a more accurate analysis.
- Group/Raid comp can make a large difference on your personal ranks. This can tie into kill speeds - for example, stacking mages for a very fast kill time or more often having people who will yoink your damage/healing. Say there are adds spawning and a group of players rush over and burst AoE them down extremely quickly leaving little damage to be done. If you are a slower AoE class you are going to lose a big chunk of your rank potential over someone who has very little AoE in their raid group where they get to hit the adds for a prolonged period of time. Anyone who's done m+ with a Twilight Devastation stacked tank will know this feeling when they get 2-3 procs right off the bat and just delete all the mobs and you are left there with half your cooldowns still running and nothing to hit.
The same goes for healers and healing ranks, if you are ramping up some big heals and someone revivals all the damage immediately you will have just wasted a big chunk of mana and your cooldowns for very little value, that's why it's general good to be coordinated with your other players in the raid especially other healers. In today's current meta where corruption is such a large factor when it comes to ranks, healers are the absolute MVP's of your potential ranking ability as they will be able to heal you through all your nasty negative corruption effects as you stack corruption up to 100+ often for the best ranks possible and just roll the rng dice that you get good procs and that leads me to my next ranking factor ~ LUCK.
- One we all know too well, sometimes you just look at the meters and you see that you have not been hit with the luck stick today, getting very low procs and possibly a ton of negative corruption procs, luck has without a doubt one of the biggest factors when it comes to ranking, every tier and every spec has a different level of luck required, if you are a %stat stacking class right now you are one of the lucky ones, not relying on as many RNG procs as say an Infinite stars/TD or Ineffable stacking spec.
Luck is something everyone has to deal with it, i find going in with the same mentality every week and just playing the best you can is the best strategy, consistency is key, some weeks you will find you get a few ranks on a few bosses due to good luck and you will do very average on others, over many weeks this will average out and you will eventually have a rank you happy with on almost all the bosses very quickly. It can be a frustrating factor if you let it be, just keep playing the best you can and the RNG will be in your favor eventually.
Knowing what gives points
- This is a bit of a new one with the way Warcraft Logs is constantly evolving to avoid what is called 'pad strats', where some people go out of their way to play purely for ranks even at the detriment of the raid. I'm sure most people are aware or have played with a padder or two in their times and it's no fun wiping when people have that kind of mindset. When you select a boss you may see something like this at the top for example Carapace of N'zoth.
This removed a lot of padding on the little adds in the fight. Knowing which adds give you points and which adds don't is an excellent thing to keep in mind when trying to push your ranks so you don't waste a bunch of GCDs hitting mobs that are worth very little or no points.
There is also some bosses that aren't worth any all stars points at all so you are free to do whatever want on those bosses at no cost to your all-stars ranks.
You can find your character and all your specific ranks simply by searching it, this viewing section allows you to easily look at what bosses dont give points and what bosses could use some improvement allowing you to focus your efforts into the specifics for those bosses and you will also be able to see your history and how your damage has improved over time.
Tips to Improving Ranks
Using the Warcraft Logs compare feature to compare your logs directly with others is fantastic way to improve not only your personal play but also those big ranks.
- Whenever you analyze logs, the biggest thing to look at is how many casts you have compared yo the people you are competing against. This is more often than not a large deciding factor and also one of the best ways to improve your own performance as casts are an enormous part of the game and hitting all your buttons at the right times as often as possible is a part of learning how to play your class optimally at the highest level. Although it's a simple concept it is definitely a common issue. Having your casts be as similar to someone playing the same spec as you as possible means you are in the right direction for some big ranks.
- Corruption is a massive factor in ranking today and the amount of corruption you are wearing will drastically improve your ranks, but there is a certain greed factor to this in the form of the negative effects of corruption; too much and you just might die early and brick that good rank you had going for yourself, but too little and you're likely to get a much worse rank than someone who went full greed and it payed off. It is a very fine line to walk and one you will have to have to decide your own boundaries in, every boss is different. Wrathion for example you can get away with quite a high amount of corruption and even 100+ is often no issue, but N'zoth or Il'gynoth you may not even want to go above 40 as the risk levels are just too high.
Greed comes in many different ways, maybe a tank using a bit more DPS gear and trying not to die or a healer not using a mana trinket and going OOM, all of this comes into play when ranking, getting away with as much greed as possible is integral to ranking.
- When to blow up adds with that huge combust or when to save your cooldowns for a increased damage phase, cooldown usage is extremely relevant especially on classes where the large bulk of your damage comes within such a short period of time, using them at the right time might net you another usage of your cooldowns over the duration of the fight or using them during big AoE phases or damage taken increased phases might net you a larger gain.
- Something as simple as letting your healers know that you might be taking a bit more damage than usual due to high corruption or that you will be using a big healing cooldown for this upcoming mechanic will get you even further ahead in the ranks, getting full use of your massive power buttons is huge value, maybe some weeks you can /roll for certain aspects of the fight that net you more damage, say Psychus Group 1 instead of Group 2 or standing near the first organ on Il'gynoth so you can dot the adds as they come out, maybe not kicking the ball on Xanesh so you don't get the 99% reduced damage debuff, this type of coordination and synergy within your raid is hugely beneficial to everyone involved as you may have quite a few big rankers in your guild all pushing for the same thing and if everyone is AoEing those little adds then it's not likely anyone will get the massive ranks.
Rounding up the points
One big thing to say about ranking is that it's not the be all and end all, it is not the most important thing when it comes to defeating bosses and sometimes sacrificing your ranks for the betterment of your raid/guild is the right call to make, especially for healers.
Defeating the bosses is the most important thing at the end of the day so try to keep in mind not to go too wild on corruption or greed maybe give it a couple of pulls and if it's just not going well tone your gear down a bit and just get a win on the board and try again next week.
Generally though improving your rankings is just improving your overall play, gearing and understanding of how to min/max things like enchants/gems/trinkets/corruption, all of this will have an enormous benefit to you rising the ranks.
Being coordinated with your raid group especially as a tank or healer will net you a lot of points too, healers are your best friends and tanks being able to drag adds in or drag bosses over to adds will also be very helpful. Being nice to everyone might be the #1 tip to improving your ranks overall, hopefully it counteracts the greedy play-style that top tier ranking requires as people are more likely to be helpful.
I wish everyone blessed RNG in their ventures to progress through the ranking all-stars ladder and hope to see some new names up on the board. Good luck everyone!
Obtenir Wowhead Premium
À partir de
moins d'1€ par mois
pour profiter d'une expérience exempte de publicité, débloquer les fonctionnalités Premium et supporter le site !
Afficher les 0 commentaires
Masquer les 0 commentaires
Connectez-vous pour laisser un commentaire
Vous n'êtes pas connecté(e). Veuillez vous
pour ajouter votre commentaire.
« Message suivant
Message précédent »
Parler de Wowhead
Besoin d'aide ?
À propos de nous
Quoi de neuf?
Page au hasard
Autres Sites Fanbyte
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte