The World of Warcraft 9.0.5 update arrives with scheduled weekly maintenance on March 9 in this region (10 March in EU, 11 March in Asia).The 9.0.5 update is focused on improving systems, rewards, Covenant and Legendary tuning, and bug fixes. Valor Points are now earnable in Clé mythique
dungeons, and Valor can be used to upgrade new Clé mythique
gear rewards. Changes to Covenants and Legendaries are intended to provide more gameplay options for crafting and utilizing Legendary items in specific situations, and to make sure that more players feel that the Covenant that suits their aesthetic, narrative, or other preferences for their character also feels more viable for their preferred playstyle.
Table of ContentsAdventures
Necrolord Covenant Companions
- Kyrian Covenant Companions
Kyrian Phalanx health increased by 16%.
Developers’ note: Phalanxes still feel underpowered relative to Halberdiers, so giving them some additional durability to allow them to fill the tank role before players have maxed out their roster.
Night Fae Covenant Companions
- Fixed an issue where Bonesmith Heirmir Serrated Shoulder Blades weren’t inflicting damage back to the enemy.
- Maldraxxus Plaguesinger’s Plague Song has been redesigned – Plague Song now deals damage to ranged enemies every round.
- Rencissa the Dynamo spell effectiveness increased by 40%.
- Assembler Xertora spell effectiveness increased by 10%.
- Rattlebag spell effectiveness increased by 20%.
Developers’ note: We fixed a few issues where some Necrolord Covenant Companions weren’t dealing damage reliably. Additionally, a few companions have received an improvement that fits with their purpose.
Venthyr Covenant Companions
- Qadarin spell effectiveness increased by 24%.
- Blisswing’s damage reduction now correctly applies to enemies.
- Yira’liya health increased by 16% and spell effectiveness increased by 50%.
- Duskleaf health increased by 20% and spell effectiveness increased by 25%.
- Lloth’wellyn health increased by 33% and ability damage increased by 25%.
Developers’ note: A few Night Fae Covenant Companions were not as well established in their different roles as we hoped, to address this we’ve improved many abilities and decreased some Companions’ overall fragility.
- Venthyr Nightblade attack increased by 25%.
Developers’ note: We’re generally happy with how the changes to Venthyr in the 9.0.2 landed, but wanted to offer some additional help for players using Nightblades to fill out their compositions.
- Undead cloaks will now be as tattered as the forsaken wearing them. Your character customization settings will now inform the appearance of your cloak for Undead characters.
- Bénédiction cendrée (Venthyr Paladin), Membre abominable (Necrolord Death Knight), Brume écrasante (Venthyr Death Knight), Dû de la mort (Night Fae Death Knight), Esprits sauvages (Night Fae Hunter), Flèche résonnante (Kyrian Hunter), and Réplique des anciens (Night Fae Warrior) visual effects will now appear less overwhelming to allied players when cast in dungeons or raids.
- Many abilities are now better at avoiding in-combat enemies that the player is not engaged with (e.g. Convoquer les esprits, Météores, Moisson en chaîne, Bombardement gangrené, Glas divin).
- DEATH KNIGHT
Fixed an issue that caused Assaut inexorable (Talent) to consume Renvoi de sort.
Covenant Abilities DEMON HUNTER
- Fixed an issue that caused Pacte impie (Talent) to sometimes not hit large raid bosses.
Covenant Abilities Conduits DRUID
Chaos délié (Talent) damage increased to 500% (was 300%).
Restoration Covenant Abilities
Fureur d’Élune (Talent) will now deal damage even if the Druid is in cat or bear form.
Conduits HUNTER Marksmanship Survival Covenant Abilities Conduits
- Essaim adaptatif (Nécro-seigneurs) damage and healing increased by 25% and the effectiveness of periodic effects increased to 25% (was 20%). The effectiveness of periodic effects increased to 35% for Balance Druids.
MAGE MONK Windwalker
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Avantage du tireur d’élite buff to be removed when another player's Hunter Mark was applied.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Brutal Projections to expire early.
Covenant Abilities PALADIN Protection Covenant Abilities Conduits PRIEST
- Xuen, the White Tiger is now vulnerable to Hibernation, Métamorphose and Fear crowd-control effects.
- Toucher mortel is now affected by Mastery: Combo Strikes.
- Fixed an issue that caused Storm, Earth and Fire's cast to sometimes break nearby enemies' Camouflage.
- Fixed an issue that caused Xuen, the White Tiger to be able to target enemies in Camouflage.
- Fixed an issue that caused Tiger Palm to grant an additional stack of Marque de la grue when Storm, Earth and Fire is active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Mark of the Crane to be maintained permanently at maximum stacks while fighting a single target.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits from using Poings de fureur, Coup de pied du soleil levant, and Coup de poing du dragon tourbillonnant (Talent).
- Fixed an issue that allowed Storm, Earth and Fire spirits to continue channeling Poings de fureur after the Monk's Fists of Fury channel ended.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Coup tournoyant de la grue's damage to not be properly increased by Marque de la grue if targets die with the Monk's mark active.
Carapace spirituelle (Talent) now absorbs 80% of healing done (was 100%) and the absorption limit is now based on the caster's Spell Power rather than maximum Health.
Shadow Covenant Abilities Conduits ROGUE
- Hymne divin increases healing taken by 4% (was 10%) for 15 seconds (was 8 seconds). Stacks up to 5 times (was no stacks).
Subtlety Covenant Abilities Conduits SHAMAN Amélioration Restoration Covenant Abilities WARLOCK Demonology Destruction Covenant Abilities WARRIOR
Level 56: New Passive: Cut to the Chase – Envenimer extends the duration of your Taillade and Dice by up to 3 seconds per combo point spent.
- Blessures venimeuses now restores 8 Energy (was 7).
- Taillade and Dice (Rank 2) has been removed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Tempête cramoisie (Talent) from triggering Empressement (Talent).
- Fixed an issue that allowed Bombe de poison (Talent) to deal damage to Drainé targets while not breaking the crowd-control.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Envenimer's buff from retaining up to 30% of its duration when refreshed.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Intervene to be applied to targets under the effect of Cyclone.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Tourbillon buff to not be applied to the Guerrier if Tourbillon was cast during Charge.
- Damage of all abilities increased by 10%. Damage of Thunder Clap increased by an additional 10%.
Conduits Covenants Lien de l'âmes Anima Conductor: Flowing Power – Maison des Rituels Faë nocturnes Venthyrs
- Bannière du conquérant (Nécro-seigneurs) has been redesigned – Brandish the Conqueror's Banner, granting 400 Mastery and 30% increased movement speed to you and your 2 nearest allies and preventing movement speed from being reduced below 100%. The cooldown is now 2 minutes (was 3 minutes), duration is now 15 seconds (was 20 seconds), and the Rage generation is now 4 Rage per second for Arms and Protection, and 6 Rage per second for Fury.
- La cour des Braises
Guests who you have reached Best Friend status with now give you a permanent RSVP.
- The Permanent RSVP will allow all characters on your account to invite that guest to future Ember Courts without completing their RSVP quest again.
now sells a Bind on Account book at Exalted with the Ember Court. The book will teach your Dredger Butler how to handle the Nettoyage
quests that follow the Ember Courts.
One-time reputation items from Témel
and Lady Ilinca will no longer appear once learned.
Droman Aliothe's RSVP no longer requires players to venture to Le Bastion
for items. Lien de l'âmes Dungeons and Raids
Salles de l’Expiation Profondeurs Sanguines
- Château Nathria
With the closing of the Alliance Hall of Fame, cross-realm Mythic Castle Nathria will be available for all players starting on the next raid lockout for each region.
- Council of Blood
Fureur du castellan's effect has been reduced by 15% on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
- Veteran Stoneguard have had their health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Veteran Stoneguard have had their melee damage reduced by 10% on all difficulties.
- Veteran Stoneguard's Sintouched Blade now casts less frequently on all difficulties.
- Reduced the damage of Fièvre dansante by 10%.
- Fous dansants have had their health reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Reduced the damage of Pointes à âmes by 5% on all difficulties.
Théâtre de la Souffrance
- Cage d’animas now persist for 1 minute after activation (was 45 seconds). While active, Faveur de Tombe-Vice is applied to players when any enemy is slain nearby (was certain enemy types) and duration increased to 75 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Moved one of the Anima Cages away from a patrolling Chamber Sentinel.
Mythic Keystone Dungeons
- Élu des Nécro-seigneurs covenant perk now has a duration of 6 minutes (was 5 minutes).
- An Affront to Challengers
Xira the Underhanded has been disabled on Mythic difficulty and removed from the Dungeon Journal.
Malepeste Profondeurs Sanguines
- The formula for determining the level of the first Clé mythique players receive each week has been adjusted.
Previously, players would always receive a Keystone 1 level below the highest they'd completed so far in Season 1.
- After this change, if you finish a Clé mythique dungeon in time during the week, the next week's Great Vault will contain a Keystone of that same level.
- For example, if your highest Clé mythique completion during week one is a +15 that you completed in time, you will get another +15 Keystone from the Great Vault to start week two. If you run that +15 during week two and fail to meet the timer, however, and complete no other +15 (or higher) Clé mythique dungeons the rest of week two, you will receive a +14 Keystone from the Great Vault to start week three.
Items and Rewards
- General Kaal's Gauntlet
Stonewall Gargons no longer trigger the Necrotic Affix.
- The community voted mount, The Wandering Ancient, is now available!
- Engrenage acquired from Clé mythique dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Clé mythique dungeons and covenant Appels. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week.
There will be a maximum of 1500 Valor a character can hold at a time. Engrenage that dropped before the patch is unable to be upgraded.
200 Item Level: Initial item upgrade level.
- 207 Item Level: Requires the Keystone Explorer achievement – Earned by completing all eight Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 5 or higher, within the time limit.
- 213 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror achievement – Earned by completing all Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 10 or higher, within the time limit.
- 220 Item Level: Requires the Shadowlands Keystone Master achievement – Earned by completing all Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic 15 or higher, within the time limit.
Completing a Clé mythique
dungeon after the timer has ended will now reward a second item. The item level of the second item will be slightly lower (e.g. finishing a Mythic 7 Keystone dungeon, but not completing the timer now rewards the party with a 200 iLvl item and a 197 iLvl item). La grande chambre forte
raid loot requirements is now defeat 3/6/9 raid bosses (was 3/7/10).
Potency Conduits now also drop in Château Nathria
Once players reach 40 Renom
with their Covenant, the weekly quest to gather 1000 Anima
will now award you with 1500 gold.
Once players have recruited the maximum amount of Ames
for their Covenant, the weekly quest to rescue Ames
from the Maw will now award you with 500 Anima
. Lunettes de soleil en strass
can now be used in transmogrification and will appear in your collection once found. Vendeur
prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted.
The Lightless Force weapon enchant no longer targets out-of-combat or crowd-controlled enemies.
The Hunger of the Pack trinket now grants the Vitesse
stat instead of movement speed percentage.
The Barrier Generator Toy can no longer be used in instanced PvP.Runecarving Legendary Items Unholy
DEMON HUNTER Vengeance
- Traînard réanimé explosion damage increased by 5% and now procs approximately every 1.75 minutes (was 1.5).
- The casted Rayon accablant from Angoisse collective's summoned ally now always deals critical strikes.
- Spirit of the Darkness Flame's Fiery Brand instant damage increased by 20% (was 15%).
Cat-Eye Curio now restores 30% Energy (was 25%).
- Bague de rage now reduces the cooldown of Berserk by .3 seconds per combo point-generating ability (was .2 seconds). During Berserk, combo point-generating abilities cause the target to bleed for 150% of their damage (was 100%).
Restoration HUNTER Marksmanship Survival MAGE Fire Frost MONK
- Legacy of the Sleeper's Berserk description now notes that the Druid is immune to crowd-control while active.
- Puissance de Shaohao now causes Tiger Palm to have a 40% chance (was 10%) to deal 300% of normal damage (was 250%) and reduce the remaining cooldown of your Brews by 2 additional seconds (was 1 second).
Déversement puissant now causes Celestial Brew to increase your Armor by 50% (was 25%) for 8 seconds (was 7 seconds), and causes Purifying Brew to have a 35% chance to not consume a charge (was 25%).
PALADIN Protection Retribution PRIEST Holy Shadow ROGUE Hors-la-loi Subtlety
- Xuen's Battlegear critical strike chance increased by 50% (was 30%) and Poings de fureur cooldown reduced by 5 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).
SHAMAN Amélioration Restoration WARLOCK Demonology Destruction WARRIOR
- Les putrides now causes Backstab to deal 50% increased damage (was 30%).
- Ombres mortelles increases all damage dealt by 20% (was 15%) for 15 seconds (was 12 seconds).
Fury Protection Player versus Player Jeron Pluie-de-Braise
Frappe persistante's chance to apply the Frappe du colosse effect increased to 25% (was 15%) and duration increased to 6 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- Seigneur de bataille now triggers from Overpower (was Heurtoir) and reduces the Rage cost of your next Frappe mortelle by 15 Rage (was 12).
- Exploiter's Mortal Strike damage bonus increased to 50% (was 25%) and the damage bonus for Venthyr Warriors increased to 36% (was 18%).
– Horde Tower Mage
Île des Conquérants Joug-d’Hiver
- Boule de feu now deals 8% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Nova de combustion now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Enflammer now deals 1% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Bombe vivante initial spell now deals 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Bombe vivante explosion now deals 15% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
- Bombe vivante no longer causes a knockback when exploding.
- Trait de magma cast by Jeron's summoned Fureur de lave now deals 5% of the target's maximum health in Fire damage.
Classes DEMON HUNTER
- Broken Temple and Sunken Ring Workshops are now controlled by the attacking team when the battle starts.
- Wintergrasp Wall, Wintergrasp Fortress Wall, and Wintergrasp Fortress Gate health has been reduced by 20%.
- Destroying Towers reduces match time by 8 minutes (was 5 minutes).
- Engin de siège's Bouffée de vapeur ability deals 20-35% of a player's health (was 30-45%).
- Démolisseur's Lancer de rocher ability deals 20-25% of a player's health (was 36%).
- Démolisseurs will now more consistently deal siege damage when striking fortress walls and towers.
- After 5 minutes, all players in the battleground who do not have a rank (including players who join late) will now be granted the rank of Caporal.
DRUID HUNTER MAGE PALADIN Protection Retribution
Corrected an issue that was causing Emprise d’Illidan (PvP Talent) recast effect to not toss the target.
PRIEST ROGUE Subtlety SHAMAN
- Fixed an issue that was causing the resurrection bonus from Vindicte ultime (PvP Talent) to not be applied to the Paladin when an ally died.
- Maléfice now interrupts players that are channeling to capture a PvP objective if the player is susceptible to Maléfice.
- Malédiction amplifiée (PvP Talent) cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds).
- Cercle d’incantation (PvP Talent) no longer causes Unending Resolve to stop granting its interrupt immunity.
- Armure démoniaque (PvP Talent) increases Armor by 160% (was 90%).
Fixed an issue where Contagion rapide (PvP Talent) could be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities.
- Fixed an issue that caused (PvP Talent) to be incorrectly consumed by reflected damage procs and area of effect spells.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- A new account-wide unlock has been added to Ve’nari that reveals teleport nodes on all the long walkable chains in Torghast so you can quickly cross the chains and no longer have to face your fear of heights.
- Reduced the health and amount of Anima Devourers required for Stage 1 of the Winged Soul Eaters Hunt.
NECROLORD NIGHT FAE
- A brief description of each wing is now available before embarking on any given Torghast run.
- To better increase your odds of success, a recommended item level will now be displayed when selecting which Layer difficulty to attempt.
- Reduced the amount of enemies on multiple floors.
- Anima Powers
Pierre parlementaire increases speed by 50% (was 30%) and now also increases dodge chance by 25%. Can be obtained 1 time (was 2).
- New Anima Power: Frigid Wildseed (Epic) – Activating Soulshape stuns enemies within 12 yards of the departure and destination location for 6 seconds. Can be obtained 1 time.
- New Anima Power: Ethereal Wildseed (Uncommon) – Forme d’âme and Lumière vacillante heal you for 20% of your maximum health. Can be obtained 2 times.
- Brouillard collant and Rêves cristallisés have been removed.
DEATH KNIGHT DEMON HUNTER DRUID
- Clé noueuse reduces Porte des ombres cast time by 20% (was 10%) and reduces its cooldown by 6 seconds per stack (was 3 seconds). Stacks up to 5 times (was 10).
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused Druids to remain in a stunned state if they died while inside Cocon curatif (Dreamweaver Soulbind).
PRIEST ROGUE SHAMAN WARLOCK WARRIOR WoW Companion App
- New Anima Power: Gravity Dynamo (Epic) – Toquer, Rooting, or Incapacitating enemies grants you 50% extra damage to fire, arcane, and frost spells for 8 seconds.
- New Anima Power: Chronomancer's Hourglass (Rare) – During Alter Time, you and your Images miroir gain Distorsion temporelle.
- New Anima Power: Sorceror's Frozen Soul (Rare) – Bloc de glace has no cooldown.
- New Anima Power: Incanter's Ward (Uncommon) – Damage absorbed by your Barrières grants up to 20% increased Intellect, based on the amount absorbed.
- New Anima Power: Eldritch Teachings (Common) – Explosion pyrotechnique, Rafale, and Barrage des Arcanes damage increased by 25%.
- Lame dimensionnelle now refreshes your Transfert cooldown when blinking through an enemy, and blinking through Mawrats will kill them instantly (was blinking through a Mawrat will instantly kill it and grant 3 charges of Transfert).
- Prisme de saphir now summons 2 additional Images miroir per stack (was 1) and is now Common rarity.
- Gel rampant now functions without Chaussettes calorifères, and can now be acquired at any time.
- Tourments persistants (Venthyrs) increases damage of Miroirs de tourment by 50% (was 10%).
- Malice (Venthyrs) now causes Miroirs de tourment's cooldown to reset if the target dies while afflicted (was: Miroir damage had to be the killing blow).
- Enseignements surnaturels, Âme glacée d’ensorceleur, Sablier de chronomancien, and Fromage appétissant have been removed.
- Changed the expansion select button action to a tap and added a button to switch expansions in the menu.
Developers' note: We received feedback that players were having trouble remembering the expansion switch tutorial so we simplified the action and added a second way to switch expansions.
Clarified the region and character select flow.
- Developers' note: We changed the flow based on feedback to help clarify and resolve the wrong region being selected versus having no characters in a region.
Fixed an issue where news articles didn't show content when the phone's language did not match the article's language.
Fixed an issue with duplicate Missions and Callings.
Various updates to Adventures.
To view all content update notes, click here
.For World of Warcraft customer support, please visit our Support Site
or our Customer Support discussion forum
. If you've found a bug, please let us know about it in our Bug Report Forum
.Back to Top