For Warlock, we're focused on improving talent choices for Destruction and Demonology, as well as adding rewards for leveling up. In particular, we'd like there to be more viable builds for these specs to experiment with. This led to changes for the highly popular talents Consomption démoniaque
. Please continue posting your feedback on these changes in this thread. Thank you!Démoniste
- Porte des démons no longer despawns when the caster dies. When the gateway is close to despawning, it begins dissolving out of view to warn the caster and allies that they may wish to replace it.
Developers' notes: We've heard feedback that the routine of replacing your Porte des démons for each boss attempt can be tedious to the point of irritating. We've made a change that allows the gateway to persist through death and we'll be listening for feedback on this change.
- Affliction instable reverted to Limit 1. Spell coefficient reverted to its previous amount.
Developers' notes: Even without picking talents like Siphon de vie and Singularité fantomatique, Affliction was unable to keep up with their dots being active on more than 3 targets. Affliction instable should now be used on your priority target, which causes Malefic Rapture to do increased damage to that target.
Destruction WarlockTalentsLevel 15 Row
- grants Éclats d’âme equal to the number of targets hit, instead of Haste.
- Malignant Affliction is a new PvP talent. Affliction instable is no longer limited to 1 target, but deals 10% less damage. If your Affliction instable is dispelled, you instantly gain 15% haste for 10s.
Developers' notes: With Unstable Affliction now at limit 1, we want to provide an avenue for a Warlock to be able to protect their dots on multiple targets, particularly in battlegrounds.
Level 25 Row
- Feu de l’âme is now a 4 second cast. Damage increased from 100% spell power to 300% spell power. 1 minute cooldown. Causes your next Incinerate to be instant cast and generates 1 .
Developers' notes: This spell hadn't found a niche as an additional short cast time spell. It returns to a 4-second cast time, serving as a pre-pull opener spell to kick-start your damage.
- Brûlure de l’ombre is now a 1 shard spender. Damage increased to 130% spell power (was 60%), with a 12-second cooldown. Has 50% increased critical strike chance on low health targets, and generates 1 if the target dies within 5 seconds.
Developers' notes: Brûlure de l’ombre as a generator was not exciting enough. Brûlure de l’ombre now provides an alternative way to spend shards, especially while on the move, and also adds burst damage in an execute window, similar to its historic design.
consumes up to 7 seconds of your Immolation
(was 5 seconds).Level 35 Row
Level 45 Row
- Cataclysm damage decreased to 180% spell power (was 200% spell power).
- renamed Pluie du chaos. While your initial Infernal is active, every you spend has a 15% chance to summon an additional Infernal that lasts 10 seconds.
Developers' notes: was too integral to Destruction's damage output, even without Vision de perfection. It also created unhealthy gameplay in PvP. We want this talent to remain powerful and exciting, so instead of ramping Trait du chaos damage, Démonistes can try to maximize the amounts of Infernals spawned. The goal is to provide the same fun gameplay, without being too reliant on getting a very high modifier on your Trait du chaos.
redesigned, now causes the target to take 30% increased Fire damage from the Démoniste
for 6 seconds.
Level 50 RowDemonology Warlock
- Developers' notes: This does not affect Trait du chaos – only pure Fire damage spells. We want to try opening up other talent builds that can work with your Fire spells.
- Invocation d’un tyran démoniaque (Rank 2) is learned at level 52: Now generates 5 Éclats d’âme when cast.
- Appel des traqueffrois (Rank 2) is learned at level 54. Appel des traqueffrois cast time is reduced by 0.5s, and they gain a Poursuite spell to close the gap when their target is greater than 10 yards away.
- Diablotins sauvages now spawn more immediately after Hand of Guldan, and 2-3 imps spawn in faster succession. In addition, if they path fail, they now teleport to the Démoniste.
Developers' notes: This should both improve quality of life and help prevent purposely getting your imp stuck somewhere to prevent them from casting.
Wild Imps Rank 2 is learned at level 56. Imp energy cost on Éclair de feu gangrené
decreased by 20%. Talents
Siphon de puissance
- Consomption démoniaque no longer sacrifices imps. Now instead drains 15% health of all active demons, empowering itself based on HP consumed.
Developers' notes: This is a fusion between modern Consomption démoniaque and Thalkiel's Consumption from Legion. The goal is to give the Démoniste more incentive to care about summoning other demons, and to allow for Implosion and Power Siphon to have their unique flavor be sacrificing imps.
now also adds 30% damage to your next 2 casts Trait démoniaque
. Portail de Néant
demons summoned attack power increased by 21%. Appel démoniaque
reduces shard cost of Appel des traqueffrois
by 2. Démons intérieurs
random demons summoned attack power increased by 21%.