While not the same as the DPS role, it is important to know how you want to use your cooldowns and what kind of situations you can use them most efficiently. You aren’t necessarily going for the “get the most, efficient” uses out of your cooldowns like you might find for a DPS’s priority, but making sure you have the CDs when you need them.
- Regain - Starting with the longest cooldown at 3 minutes, how you utilize Regain can be important on a dungeon to dungeon basis. While running the Elévation spirituelle trait assists with managing this CD, it does not net you a get out of jail free card.
- Regain should generally be combo’d with an on use trinket, such as Ancien nœud de sagesse, when using it to top the group, as it will significantly improve the cooldown’s output. Sometimes Regain can be used in more clutch situations outside of group throughput, like being able to use it to dispel multiple people in the group. It’s important to be aware of what mob types you are fighting or boss encounters you are approaching in order to make sure you have Regain up in order to utilize this mass dispel function to its full extent.
- Cocon de vie - While rather weak as a tank external, Cocon de vie still has its place as a tool to be used in the Mistweaver’s kit. This ability will place a large absorb on the target and incresae healing over time effects by 40% while the shield persists. You can often look to use Cocon de vie on DPS that pull threat or get targeted by a lethal single target damage mechanic, such as Jagged Nettles or Severing Axe. It’s important to communicate with your tank if they are going to want Cocon de vie for a certain pull or encounter, or have some previous experience knowing when they will want it so you can plan your use of this cooldown throughout a dungeon, although there may be some discretion to using it for panic moments.
- Thé de concentration foudroyante - Sporting a 30 second cooldown, you will find yourself using this ability quite often, but it is important to understand how you are utilizing it. When used in tandem with the Tonnerre focalisé talent, this ability packs a lot of value in its short cooldown. With the volatility that exists in dungeon content, you will often find yourself using both charges of your Thé de concentration foudroyante in a medley of ways. If you need spot healing, Brume enveloppante is your go-to. If you want to set up burst group healing for Vivifier, utilizing the extended duration on Brume de rénovation from this ability will get you there. If you are looking for a break on mana, empowered Vivifies are the solution. And if there’s nothing to heal and you want to help DPS, the shortened cooldown on Coup de pied du soleil levant does the trick.
The trash that you will end up doing for Rezan
can vary. During Fortifié
weeks, groups will generally pull the first two packs on the left and utilize Furie sanguinaire
here, then do Rezan
after. During Tyrannique
weeks, some groups opt to not pull the left side at all, rushing to Rezan
and then doing a mix of Sauride toxique
packs and Hurleciel becqueteur
s immediately after.
- One of the most important mobs to pay attention to in this pack is the Confesseur dazar'ai. This mob has some extremely important casts to interrupt with Mantelet de Bwonsamdi and Mot de soins. Mantelet de Bwonsamdi, if not interrupted, will put an AoE bubble around enemies, which causes all affected enemies to be immune to crowd control effects. This immunity can make dealing with the rest of the mobs much more difficult and can often result in a wipe. Mot de soins will heal a mob for 30% of its max HP, which can be extremely inconvenient, as these packs are often a race against the limited CC and interrupts present in your party.
- For the Sauride toxique packs, make sure to not be stacked on top of your party, as their Rossée bondissante ability will cleave all targets within 3 yds. Have burst healing ready with Réceptacle d’essence and Brume de rénovations, and make sure to watch out for the Sauride toxiques having a preference for a single party member. Utilize Balayement de jambe to allow yourself to catch up on healing, and let your party know if you’re going to use Anneau de paix, as this will stop the mobs from finishing their leap, thus negating the damage. When pulling with Hurleciel becqueteurs, be sure the party has kicks ready for the Hurlement terrifiant, otherwise you will probably get stomped down by the Saurids while feared. If there are no kicks available, you can try to line of sight the fear cast and Regain your party’s fear debuffs off (Note: You can jump off out of line and use Transcendance to get back up to line in this manner, depending on where you are fighting the Skyscreamers.)